At Groveway Medical we have an extensive collection of education clinics, medical updates, and procedural events throughout the year. We handpick topics that are relevant to our patients and families. If you have a suggestion for an education update or topic, please mention this to our staff and/or doctors.
Here is a list of this years scheduled events for reference only (please note that this is subject to change). These events are free unless otherwise noted.
*Please note – these are the 2020 sessions. Due to COVID-19, we have yet to finalise the 2021 session times*
- Feb 13th at 7:30 pm – Chronic pain and Alternative Therapies – Medical Cannabis/Opioids/Steroids/Prolotherapy/Platelet-rich plasma?
- March 19th at 7:30 pm Antiaging and Aesthetic Medicine – The exploration of cosmetic injectables and anti-wrinkle treatment options?
- April 9th at 7:30 pm World Allergy Week – Gluten: How Bad is it really?
- April 30th at 7:30 World Immunization Week – Immunizations: What is the current consensus?
- May 7th at 7:30 – World Asthma Day – Childhood Asthma: How prevention is better than cure.
- June 4th at 7:30 – Heart Rhythm Week – Which cardiac arrhythmia can you ignore?
- July 2nd at 7:30 – National Diabetes Week – Blood Glucose levels: When should you be concerned?
- Aug 27th at 7:30 – International Overdose Awareness Day – Overdoses: Pitfalls of non-intentional medication Overdose
- Sep 17th at 7:30 – Dementia awareness month – Dementia: Symptoms, signs, and up-to-date management for patient and families
- Oct 22nd at 7:30 – World Mental Health Day – Mental Health: Setting the record straight
- Nov 19th at 7:30 – World COPD day – COPD: Current Treatments and Guidelines
- Dec 3rd at 7:30 – Skin Cancer Awareness: Mole vs Cancer. How do you tell?